Wednesday, September 17, 2008

This morning as I was surfing different blogs, I came across one by Greg Laurie. (http://blog.greglaurie.com/) He is the pastor of a church called Harvest Church and he recently lost his oldest son, Christopher. Christopher was killed in a car accident at the age of 33 on July 24, 2008. He leaves behind a wife, Brittany, and a daugther, Stella, as well as a little girl that will be born in November.

Like the mighty winds of a hurricane I was blown back to the months following Kyle's death. The heartache. The shock. The grief that takes your breath away. The fear. The overwhelmingness of absolutely everything. Oh, how I ache for that precious lady, Brittany. I remember, all too well. I wish I didn't. I wish I didn't know what it feels like to not just have life interrupted, but to have life as you know it come to a screeching halt, and the rest of the world just keeps moving. Oh how I wish I did not have this journey in common with her - how I wish both of our husbands were still here - watching their children grow and living life. How I wish they were here to laugh, to cry, to learn, to grow, to smile, to eat chocolate cake, (especially Grandmother's chocolate cake - Kyle's favorite).

Sweet Brittany, I don't even know you and yet, I ache for you, for sweet little girl, Stella and for the baby girl who will never see her daddy's face or hear her daddy's voice - for the days, weeks, months and years to come as you create a "new normal", as you learn how to live again. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and pour comfort onto your wounded soul.

Please join me in lifting this sweet family up in prayer.

Lamentations 3:322-23, "Because of the Lord's fatihful love we do not perish, for His mercies never end. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness."

No comments: